Riggs Eckelberry, OriginClear
– The Sharkpreneur podcast with Seth Greene Episode 448 Riggs Eckelberry
Riggs Eckelberry doesn’t look like a bomb-thrower, and yet, he’s driving the disruption of a trillion-dollar industry that has fallen behind the times and is affecting the health of millions. That industry is Big Water. Simply, those billion-dollar centralized water systems aren’t coping with demand, and water quality is getting worse. The answer? Infrastructure. Businesses are doing their own , using modular, prefabricated systems that are trucked right on site. They get better water quality, lower rates through recycling, and even improved environmental grades! Ten years after launching public company OriginClear, Riggs and his team are offering those truck-in-place modular systems in the USA, while licensees are building products internationally using OriginClear’s low-energy, chemical-free innovation.
Riggs is uniquely qualified to ride the huge wave of do-it-yourself water treatment that is transforming an industry, having learned management in the nonprofit space, captained oceangoing ships, and achieved several tech successes during the dot-com boom.
Listen to this informative Sharkpreneur episode with Riggs Eckelberry about disrupting businesses in the eco-space.
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
● Why big water is a trillion-dollar industry but only 20% of the sewage is treated.
● How the water industry needs to grow a lot but doesn’t because its self-satisfied.
● Why the best way to mitigate future pandemics is through sanitation control.
● How there is no marketplace that allows for the funding of water systems.
● Why speeding up the funding cycle we can rev up the water industry.
Connect with Riggs:
Guest Contact Info
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices