What’s it like to be a 13-year seasoned blogger in the age of Instagram and Snapchat Influencers?
On this episode I sit down for a conversation with Luvvie Ajayi
to talk Branding 101. Luvvie is is a writer, digital strategist and creator of entertainment and humor blog AwesomelyLuvvie.com
. As a fellow writer and avid blogger, I’ve always been inspired by Luvvie’s journey to full-time entrepreneur. She started her blog after peer pressure from friends who recognized her talent. After starting as a casual blogger, she slowly increased to blogging more than once a week. Three years in, she was working a 9 to 5 then blogging from 7 to 9 like a true side hustler. Though she was getting paid zero dollars, her first blogging award in 2009 made her realize maybe she was on to something. The rest, as they say, is history. Now Luvvie is getting ready to debut her first book, called I’M JUDGING YOU: The Do Better Manual
, which is available on September 16 (or earlier if you pre-order).
FYI, I talked to Luvvie a few months ago for a Q&A before I launched my podcast. There we covered more of her background and how she got started. Check out part one here: then tune in to the episode.
On this episode we discuss:
- Why you shouldn’t be so consumed with the idea of you being a brand
- Why you need to be so good they can’t ignore you
- How to make sure you’re prioritizing solid content over marketing
- How to negotiate with brands once you get to that level
- The real deal with how she approaches brand partnerships and her certified deal breakers
MORE FROM LUVVIE:
MORE FROM NICAILA:
CONNECT WITH US ON INSTAGRAM: