Sheila Kelley is the founder of a movement called S Factor which is a sensual movement practice that unleashes the feminine mind, body, heart, and soul. Many women today are locked into their masculine energy in ways that show up in their physical movements, even if their other mannerisms and characteristics are strikingly feminine. This is especially visible in the hips and shoulders, which are rigidly locked in many women instead of being loose, flowing, and feminine. Today, we talk about unleashing the feminine body through movement, pole dancing, and more. Connect With Sheila: Sheila KelleyS Factor@thesheilakelley on TwitterSheila Kelley on FacebookSheila Kelley on Instagram
The Mission Log:
- [02:53] - Sheila gives a brief introduction for listeners who may not yet be familiar with who she is and what she does. She then explains how she got into the kind of movement she now teaches others in S Factor.
- [05:01] - What happens when a woman connects with her body?
- [06:05] - Sheila talks about some transformations that she has seen in her students.
- [07:35] - We hear how Sheila gets her ideas or -- as she puts it -- listens to what the body has to say to her.
- [10:36] - Orion takes a moment to share her own experiences with Sheila’s work. Shelia then talks about the difference between who she was at the beginning of this journey and who she is today.
- [13:52] - Sheila discusses her ways of infusing love and a sense of sisterhood into her S Factor community.
- [16:41] - There is nowhere on the planet for a woman to safely and fully embrace who she is, Sheila points out, which is what S Factor aims to provide.
- [17:43] - How can Sheila help a listener who has body shame? In her answer, she shares a story about her three-year-old daughter.
- [19:25] - Sheila offers more advice for someone who isn’t feeling great about their body, and she and Orion discuss the importance of movement as an aspect of femininity.
- [22:36] - Sheila talks about how to transition from the energy of unguarded (and vulnerable) femininity present in her retreats back into everyday life.
- [25:53] - One of the things that Orion loves about Sheila’s method is that women learn it for themselves rather than for other people.
- [28:20] - Orion shares a story about her recent experience while driving home from a seminar in San Diego.
- [29:01] - Can anyone do pole dancing?
- [31:01] - Sheila points out that part of the job of a leader is to help awaken those who don’t know that they’re sleeping.
- [32:15] - In Sheila’s perspective, what is the difference between “feminine” and “masculine” energy? She answers, then talks about how to bring one’s feminine side into the business world, which is generally very masculine.
- [35:51] - If the feminine doesn’t rise, the whole planet will be a disaster, Sheila explains.
- [36:29] - Sheila talks about the primal circle and the important role of femininity.
- [38:33] - Orion reveals something she learned on a visit to her family in Israel. Sheila then offers a story of her own about discoveries through travel.
- [40:52] - We move on to talking about alter egos and the 10 icons that Sheila mentioned briefly earlier in the conversation. She then discusses how making physical changes can also have emotional impacts.
- [45:06] - Sheila lists the icons or energies that she has been talking about. The five light energies are the innocent teaser, the blissful pleaser, the champion, the lustful lover, and the joyful playmate. The darker ones are the naughty provocateur, the dangerous challenger, the ice queen, the deep soulful siren, and the shy reluctant enigma.
- [46:33] - Each month this year, S Factor will highlight one of the icons. Sheila takes a moment to talk about the innocent teaser and the ice queen.
- [49:16] - Sheila talks about the three-year program that some of the S Factor teachers take, and mentions the book Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Bigg….
- [50:00] - Sheila lists places where listeners can find her.
- [50:11] - What are Sheila’s three quick tips to living a stellar life? 1. Move your body. 2. Breathe all the way down into your lower back and let it move into your toes. 3. Embrace and free and allow every single emotional response you have to move healthfully through your body.
Links and Resources: Sheila KelleyS Factor@thesheilakelley on TwitterSheila Kelley on FacebookSheila Kelley on InstagramOprahThe Ellen DeGeneres ShowConan O’BrienThe Tonight ShowTony RobbinsDancing at the Blue IguanaMichael BeckwithMagnet For Love Gift GiveawayDjerbaSheela na gigFasciaPresence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Bigge…