Louisa Barrett of Haught Codeworks tells us about how to become an effective junior developer. We also speak in depth about how to become a better teacher.
Here's what to listen for:
- 01:54 - Who is a junior developer?
- 02:59 - How did you go from going to an art school to wanting to learn about code?
- 06:43 - How long did it take to become a junior developer?
- 08:14 - How comfortable were you when you first started working out of bootcamp?
- 09:16 - How well do you feel that the dev bootcamp prepared you for starting a job?
- 11:39 - Why is networking so important?
- 14:02 - Why is it so hard to find a mentor?
- 15:17 - What does a mentor help with?
- 21:27 - What is the difference between a helper and a teacher?
- 26:04 - How does one become a better teacher?
- 28:56 - Once you get out of a boot camp, what kind of companies are best to join?
- 36:18 - How to junior developers get off on the right foot?
- 37:48 - Why is pair programming important?
Who's On This Episode
We don't know anything about the creators of this episode yet. You can add them yourself so they can be credited for this and other podcasts.
This episode hasn't been reviewed yet. You can add a review to show others what you thought.