Episode 193 - Taylor Swift’s got the moves like Jagger. In Episode 193, your hosts Adam, Diane, and Steve recap Taylor Swift’s 1989 World Tour Nashville stop as well as discuss Taylor’s revealing interview with Vanity Fair. The interview highlights Taylor’s response to the Apple Music incident, a potential Kayne-Taylor collaboration, and whose careers Taylor most admires. In the interview, Taylor still maintains that 1989 is her most “sonically cohesive” album. What do you think? Do you think 1989 is sonically cohesive or do some songs stick out more than others? Leave your thoughts in the comments below. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 193 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s Vanity Fair
– Tip: When a magazine says “Source close to Swift says…”, it’s a lie.
– Do you think 1989 is the most sonically cohesive album?
– Taylor gives us the behind-the-scenes account of the Apple Music incident in Vanity Fair.
– Unlike previous eras, Taylor now keeps up with the gossip surrounding her.
– What would a Kayne/Taylor collaboration sound like?
– Who Taylor admires says a lot about how she runs her business.
– Question for comments: which song on 1989 stands out and makes the album not perfectly sonically cohesive?
– It’s the return of Stump the Host (can someone try to stump Diane for the next show?)
– Taylor did not hold back with surprise guests from the Nashville 1989 shows!!
– Ryan Adams’ 1989 cover album is now available. What did you think of it?
– You know you’re a Swifty when you have a Taylor Swift coloring book!
– Swifties are having a house party listening to “House Party” by Sam Hunt.
September 28 – 1989 World Tour – St. Louis, MO
October 2 & 3 – 1989 World Tour – Toronto, ON
October 8 – 1989 World Tour – Des Moines, IA
October 9 – 1989 World Tour – Omaha, NE