Six strategies for making a better first impression:
1. Stop acting and be your best self. During your next networking or social situation, just show up with the intention of being fully authentic and alive. Have faith that showing the world who you are will always result in good things, because indeed it does.
2. Don’t network if you don’t want to do. If you like being introverted and you don’t want to join the party and go out and network, then don’t feel you have to. You can compensate by arranging smaller gatherings or lunches. However, if you feel your growth or greatness require you to get a little uncomfortable and go out and meet lots of people, then do it. Learning to become comfortable in uncomfortable situations is part of life mastery.
3. Have fun. Nothing makes a better first impression than you choosing to have real, authentic fun. Nothing is more attractive than a person who is authentic and alive with joy.
4. Be present. To have a greater impact in people’s lives, you have to “level-up” your energy and be more present with them. Challenge yourself to truly listen and engage with others.
5. Be interested in others. Ultimately, a first “impression” is about the other person, not you. Demonstrate interest in others by asking them questions you genuinely care about. By doing this you learn about the other person and you can start to praise them to others and connect them with others. Become their champion and connector and you win their hearts.
6. Leave things better than how you find them. How you exit is more important than first impressions because people remember how you leave them feeling more than how you met. Ask yourself, “How can I leave this conversation or context more positive than how I found it?” If you leave people feeling validated, cared for and praised, then you will leave a lasting impression (and legacy).
Try these strategies in your social world and you will start to experience what we call The Charged Life!
This is Brendon freestyle, without notes or prompter.
Get mp3/transcript of this episode: http://tmblr.co/ZTb1Dv1mbAH-s
Get Brendon's new book free: http://MotivationManifesto.com
Join Brendon's 2MIL FB fans: http://FB.com/BrendonBurchardFan
Join his email list: http://www.Brendon.com
iTunes free podcast: http://j.mp/THE_CHARGED_LIFE
Brendon Burchard is one of the most watched personal development trainer in the world and a Top 100 Most Followed Public Figure on Facebook. Over 30,000,000 people watched his videos in the last 12 months, and over 15,000,000 see his posts every week on Facebook. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, his books include The Motivation Manifesto, The Charge, The Millionaire Messenger, and Life’s Golden Ticket.
At the age of 19, Brendon was in a car accident that inspired him to turn his life around and follow his dream to be a writer and trainer. He failed at first, going bankrupt as he strove to write his first personal development book. But by the age of 32, he became a #1 bestselling author and a multimillionaire as an early pioneer in the online education space. Since then, he has dedicated his life to helping others find their charge and share their voice with the world.
Larry King named Brendon "one of the top motivation and marketing trainers in the world." SUCCESS Magazine named him in their Top 25 Most Influential in Personal Development along with legends like Oprah, Tony Robbins, Joel Osteen, Dave Ramsey, Suze Orman, Deepak Chopra, and Wayne Dyer.
To learn more about his seminars, book, and online courses, visit him at www.Brendon.com
ABOUT THE CHARGED LIFE
The Charged Life is a weekly self-help show full of #motivation, #inspiration, and #high performance strategies with bestselling author, motivational speaker and High Performance Academy founder Brendon Burchard. Filmed in one take, without any notes or prompter, the show has become one of the most viewed direct-to-camera self-help series in the history of Youtube. It has also been the #1 Podcast in all of iTunes and is regularly in the top podcasts in Self-Help and Health categories around the globe. Subscribe to the free motivational podcast here: https://itun.es/i66Y78r
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE OR ITUNES
Never miss a video: http://j.mp/BrendonsYouTube
Download all the audios/podcasts: http://j.mp/THE_CHARGED_LIFE