On the last day of Donald Trump’s warped presidency, his niece Mary Trump
– psychologist and author of Too Much And Never Enough: How My Family Created The World’s Most Dangerous Man
– reflects on the making of a man who impressed his psychopathologies on a nation. How does a person get like this? What is it like when a family member places the entire world in peril? And could a defeated Trump represent an even worse danger to American democracy?
Presented by Jude Rogers. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Music by Kenny Dickinson. Audio production by Alex Rees. THE BUNKER is a Podmasters Production
- “For the first time in his life he can’t spin a loss into a win. And it’s driving him crazy.”
- “At a very deep level, Donald knows he’s never been truly successful and has no skills.”
- “When Donald was elected I knew he would do to my country what he and his father had done to my family.”
- “What shocks me is that there are people on this planet who are weaker than Donald. I didn’t think that was possible”
- “In the election, if he was going down, he would try to take the rest of us with him. And that’s exactly what he did.”
- “Failure to live up Fred Trump’s demands got you destroyed. And that’s what happened to my dad.”
- “If the cameras disappear, Donald ceases to exist.”
for privacy and opt-out information.