We've decided we want houses, and it turns out we're not alone. But with buying a house being such a huge undertaking, where do we start? We talk about what we've been thinking about so far in our quest to leave the apartment life behind.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Listen Money Matters
- Radius Calculator
- Personal Finance subreddit
- How to Buy a House guide by Michael Bluejay
- Home Buying for Dummies, by Eric Tyson
- NerdWallet's Home Affordability Calculator
- How to Budget Your Money Without Cutting Coffee (E…
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
You can also get a free copy of my book, 10 Steps to Earning Awesome Grades (While Studying Less), by staying up to date with the College Info Geek newsletter.
- 0:00:15 - General overview of what this series will be about
- 0:05:19 - Our reasons for owning a house and why we moved
- 0:27:07 - Doing the research and not getting too attached
- 0:29:53 - Sponsor: Backblaze (Backing up your data)
- 0:33:29 - Prioritizing what you want in a house
- 1:04:12 - Don't rush into a decision
- 1:06:59 - How to afford a house and not go bankrupt
- 1:22:21 - Conclusion