Welcome to season 1, episode 12 of the Clinical Hacks Podcast
The gang is back. Kevin, Mac, and Zach discuss posts and cores Highlights include:
- When do you choose to place a core, or a post?
- Do you remove all the previous restoration every time? Most of the time? How does Mac do a core?
- He mentioned like 5 products, Cosmecore, Absolute Dentin, Fuji 2, Equia Forte, and Miracle Mix. I'm exhausted just typing all of those, so I pinned him down to one for technique.
- Mac bonds that in with a Self-Etching Primer Bonding Agent Prelude SE
(technically he uses the generic KoolBond SE
, but uses the Prelude branded dual-cure link) How does Kevin do a core?
- He uses regular light cure composite sometimes (Kalore from GC), but usually uses Absolute Dentin
- Bonds with Brush and Bond
from Parkell How does Kevin do a post?
- Dentatus Posts
- Buildup material cements the post How does Mac do a post?
- Unicore Posts
- Buildup Material cements the post Zach buildup and posts:
- Bulk EZ
for buildups (autocure)
- Aforementioned KoolBond SE (generic of Prelude SE) to bond.
- Parapost XP
- FibreKleer Posts
- Vlock Posts (now Edenta Headmaster
If you want to interact with us, head over to the closed Facebook Group Clinical Hacks
We want to produce episodes about the questions you have, it's a great place to post a clinical topic, you don't even have to post a photo!