Game of Thrones Season 8 has just wrapped up filming and now, Maisie Williams is ready to chat with Rob in this episode of The Disruptive Entrepreneur Podcast!
Aside from being a professional actress and a dancer, Maisie is also an entrepreneur. Like her Arya Stark character, Maisie is bold and eager to show her passion project to everyone. Maisie and Rob talk about her startup Daisie, the newest social app for creatives. Discover what inspired her to start this app, how she finds the investors, and how she is growing her team.
Rob and Maisie talk a lot of stuff over coffee – from the dry spells in the acting world to the meaning of success to her first acting gig as Arya Stark!
- Success is measured through happiness. That’s what Maisie believes. It doesn’t matter if you’re getting a lot of money or getting a lot of projects when you’re unhappy.
- There’s fulfilment when you do what you love. Maisie is an actress and dancer. She loves performing for people and making them happy. She believes this is where her strengths lie.
- Maisie just started Daisie, the newest social app which especially caters to the entertainment industry. It serves as a platform for the newcomers to meet and collaborate with the creative community. Maisie says, ‘’It’s a LinkedIn for the creative people.” If you want to build your team of creatives, you can meet and hire from the app.
- Download Daisie app and start collaborating. Maisie is thinking of adding a Github-like platform for creatives where you post your works so that others could edit it or merge it with other works.
- If you can’t find VCs or funders, you can self-fund. Maisie and her business partner chose to fund the first leg of the Daisie app but on its upgrade, they are looking into finding the right people to fund them. They want to find people that can help their business grow and connect them with other people.
- "Doing less acting roles wouldn't be less successful because that makes me happier." – Maisie
- “To be able to have a group of people that are all really excited about the same thing and want success for the company that you started, that’s all you could really ask for.” – Maisie
- “I don’t think that there is a formula to do it right – to handle your career.” – Maisie
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Moore is an author of 9 business books, 5 UK bestsellers, holds 3 world records for public speaking, entrepreneur, property investor and property educator. Author of global bestseller “Life Leverage” Host of UK’s No.1 business podcast “The Disruptive Entrepreneur”
“If you don't risk anything, you risk everything”
ABOUT MAISIE WILLIAMS
Maisie Williams is an English actress who made her professional acting debut as Arya Stark in the award-winning HBO Series Game of Thrones. Aside from being an actress, she is also a dancer and an entrepreneur. She recently launched her startup Daisie, a social app which caters to the entertainment industry. It serves as a platform for meeting new creative people and collaborating with them.
Maisie has also won EWwy Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama, the Portal Award for Best Supporting Actress – Television and Best Young Actor, and the Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor.