Guest: Nancy Rommelmann, journalist and author ofTo the Bridge: A True Story of Motherhood and …
Nancy Rommelmann, friend of the Fifth and former resident of Portland, Amerikkka
, returns from the ramparts of the revolution with news, anecdotes, and a glimpse at our glorious future. Alis volat propriis
. So we asked our very own Lady John Reed just what the hell is happening in the insurrectionist precincts of the Pacific Northwest...
- Nancy doesn't recognize parts of Portland
- What everyone is getting wrong about the protests/riots/federal intervention
- Wait, where is the Portland PD?
- Shares in a homemade body armor business are trading higher today...
- Why you're not hearing that amazing, hilarious, enlightening conversation we had about the secret app
- (It's because the SD card ran out of space and no one noticed...)
- We return after our tech screw up--much, much drunker--to talk history vs. journalism
- No one arguing about colonial history knows anything about colonial history
- It sort of falls apart around this point...
- And by the way: stop telling us what we should care about
for privacy and opt-out information.