Mike Venereo is the Owner of Rockwood Investment Group and has been dabbling in real estate since 2013 but finally took the plunge and made the commitment to succeed in 2016. With a team of seven under him, Mike has been learning a lot about what it takes to be a good leader and how to structure his company so it’s not the wild, wild West! As with any company, it’s definitely a learning experience and Mike shares what he’s learned so far and how he has shifted his mindset for the better.
- How did Mike get started in real estate?
- As opposed to seeing coaching as an expense, Mike sees it as an investment.
- In 2013, Alex and Mike worked together for a little bit as Mike was getting more and more interested in real estate.
- Mike was a jack of all trades and a master of none kinda guy!
- When Mike was let go from his job, that was the first time in his life he finally committed 100% to something. That was back in 2016!
- Don’t get too comfortable with being comfortable.
- Life is not happening to you, it’s happening for you.
- Be careful with hiring friends and people close to you!
- Mike shares why he and his partners had to go their separate ways.
- Mike has learned a lot throughout this. He realized he didn’t have systems in place and it was a bit like the wild, wild West.
- Be careful about hiring other entrepreneurs in your business. They might not be the best long-term fit.
- Your business needs to have core values and it needs to have a purpose.
- As entrepreneurs, you need to spend a lot of time on not just personal development but leadership as well!
- How is Mike’s business structured, right now?
- How is Mike finding his deals?
- Mike tried to dabble in rehabbing before he realized it was a big mistake!
- Mike shares why the MLS has been so good to him.
- Step away from being a sales guy and become more of a relationships guy.
- Mike is looking at the data and comparing to how well they did last year. He’s leveraging past trends so he can work smarter.
- Don’t be afraid to give it a shot!
Mentioned in This Episode: Click Here
to apply for our next Holiday Mastermind in Montego Bay, Jamaica!
If you are interested in joining our team, you can Apply Here
Do you have an existing business? Already closing deals, but feel there is a better way? Connect with Alex here about working with him 1-on…
Let's Connect on Instagram: @alexpardo25
Connect with Mike: Rockwoodinvestmentgroup.com
Make sure to read: Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business, by Gino Wic…
“I was tippy-toeing around everything but I wasn’t committed. I didn’t go into it until about 2016.”
“There’s no safety in entrepreneurship; there’s no safety in having a job! It’s unsafe unless you make it happen.”
“We are putting a lot of attention on the follow-up game, putting a lot of attention on being the first ones to speak to the agent when deals get listed. We put a lot of attention on building a relationship.”
Ask Alex A Question:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page
, and record your question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
Did you get your FREE Online Course?
Text the word EMPIRE to 67076, and we’ll send you a link to get instant access to the “5 Ways To Scale Your Real Estate Wholesaling Business To Six Figures (In 6 Months Or Less)” video module training course.
Subscribe To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!