You sent in your questions, and I put them to Germans to get the answers. It's Ask A German time!
The three German guests are the always funny and entertaining hosts of the German podcast, Ach
! They answer the questions that listeners sent in over the past few months, and in the process shed some light on some issues foreigners in Germany know all too well. We even come up with a new crime in Germany: Warteschlangeungeduldigkeit (waiting line impatience).
Their website: das-a.ch
Follow Ach! on Twitter: das_ach
The questions that we covered:
- Are Germans obsessed with fruit?
- What's up with German pillows?
- What are the best onomatopoeic German words?
- What things would they change about Germany?
- Why are credit cards still not the preferred payment method in Germany?
- What should foreigners in Germany do less of?
- Why do some German toilets have a shelf or platform?
Some things we mentioned:
A note of correction: I mentioned I spoke to a Brazilian and a "Belgian" in a recent episode about German idioms...of course, Ivan is from Bulgaria. In the heat of conversation, my brain substituted "Belgian" in. Thanks a lot, brain (and apologies to Ivan).JOIN THE THE GERMANY EXPERIENCE FACEBOOK GROUP
Visit the official The Germany Experience website
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org