In this episode of #HighlySoughtAfter, I had a chat with the co-founder and CEO of the Asian Hustle Network
, Bryan Pham.
What started as a Facebook group to provide networking and collaboration to the Asian community in the United States, is now the largest worldwide Asian entrepreneurship community with over 100,000 members. Their mission is to create a positive and uplifting environment to support Asian entrepreneurs globally.
What I enjoyed most about my conversation with Bryan is his drive and vision that has gone into building Asian Hustle Network
into the powerhouse community that it is today. There is very little out there right now on community building so pay special attention to what Bryan shared if you’re looking to build an active, inspired & empowered community of your own!
Hint: Don’t miss the three secret ingredients Bryan revealed that were pivotal to Asian Hustle Network’s
success at 14:10.
Also listen out for Bryan’s answers to the following questions:
- What is it like being an Asian in the US? How’s it like growing up there? – 01:25
- I understand that you’re an introvert and that you have a very strong aversion to public speaking. So how do you deal with all this attention of running a high-profile network? – 3:15
- What motivated you to start Asian Hustle Network? – 4:55
- Starting on Facebook, what were some of the activities you created to bring people together? – 06:40
- People see the glam and the ‘fast’ success of Asian Hustle Network, but in one of your TikTok videos you said that starting AHN was one of the hardest things to do. Why is that so? 11:03
- What were some of the things that you think you and Maggie did right that led to the fast growth of Asian Hustle Network? – 14:10
- What else do you think worked for you and (co-founder) Maggie? 15:42
- When you started Asian Hustle Network, was it so clear about the value proposition you wanted to bring? How did you slowly evolve your value proposition? 18:43
- How do you encourage grass root initiatives, people to step up, volunteer, and support you in your active and moderating? – 25:15
- What do you think are some of the characteristics and traits I should pay attention to when picking leaders in my community? 28:10
- Do you have a process that you use to select your core leaders? – 29:00
- How do you build an innovation culture within your network – 31:45
- For communities at the early stage where they don’t really have a team yet, should I treat my most active community members like my team? - 34:05
- How do we keep a community and its members engaged? 36:14
- If entrepreneurs want to setup a community and have the intent to monetise it, is that wrong? 38:40
- What can one do to resurrect a community that’s become inactive? – 40:30
- What are your future plans for Asian Hustle Network? 43:40
If you want to keep in touch with Bryan, you can reach him on Instagram @bryanvuongpham, or the Asian Hustle Network @asianhustlenetwork.
Thank you for listening to this episode of #HighlySoughtAfter!
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me hit the ‘subscribe’ button if you’re listening on Apple Podcasts or hit the ‘follow’ button if you are listening on Spotify.
I would also love to hear your biggest takeaway from this episode! Here’s how: take a screenshot of you listening to #HighlySoughtAfter and tag me on Instagram. My handle is @ericgoesglobal. This way, I can personally thank you!