Mark Webster, one of the co-founders of Authority Hacker
joins us today all the way from Scotland! This is such a cool site and one that we have referenced quite a few times around SEO. They also have some in-depth tools and reviews, and much like us, they only stand by products and promotions which they have actually used. Mark and his business partner Gael have a similar background to us, have content marketing as the core of what they do, and have been in business together for over ten years.
Mark dives into their process of getting content created for their blog, their SEO strategy, and even their partnership. They have various authority sites and we break down what their authority sites are, how one sold recently for six figures, and their training on how to create one. Their model is very scalable, and they are sharing it freely on today’s show. Once you have listened, check out our shows with Hani Mourra
and Luis Diaz
on how to growth hack your content marketing.
“You probably can make a course. But building a few videos and calling it a course is about 10-15% of the work. All of the rest comes in with updating it, managing your customers, your community, the sales funnel, the sales cycle, getting new people in the store...all that kind of stuff.” - Mark Webster
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to develop an authority to replace your income from a day job
- Great tips with YouTube that helped skyrocket engagement
- Step by step method on how to rank a website
- Key questions to ask during an interview
- What makes a really good course creator
- Behind the scenes with Mark’s team and how he finds the best writers
- How to source great stock photos (so you won’t get a big bill like we did!)
- And much, much more!
Resources From Mark Webster:
References and Links Mentioned: