Brian Stelter is CNN’s media critic-in-chief.
In the latest episode of The Jamie Weinstein Show, CNN’s senior media correspondent and host of CNN’s “Reliable Sources” discusses covering the media in the Age of Trump, his thoughts on media bias, his relationship with famous media figures, his influences, and much more. Show Roadmap:
- What has surprised Stelter about the Trump presidency.
- On his interactions with Trump.
- On how the media have covered Trump — and whether he thinks it has erred at all.
- Does the media try to keep us in a constant state of outrage?
- Does media political bias infect the news?
- On the pro-Trump voices at CNN.
- Stelter on his favorite non-CNN cable news shows.
- On how Trump changed presidential politics — and why he thinks Oprah 2020 could happen.
- Can he imagine a successful Trump presidency?
- On Jeff Zucker, Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, Roger Ailes, Jared Kushner, and Matt Drudge.
- On his career and influences.