When a presidential candidate wants to prove their foreign policy chops, or a foreign leader wants to reach an American audience, Jeffrey Goldberg is often the man they go to for an interview.
In the latest episode of The Jamie Weinstein Show, the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic defends his decision to hire and then fire Kevin Williamson, evaluates Obama's foreign policy, explains what it takes to be a great long-form writer and much more.
- Goldberg on what's surprised him about the Trump presidency
- On how the media has covered Trump
- Goldberg discusses the hiring and firing of Kevin Williamson
- Did the Obama doctrine have any success?
- On Obama's view of Israel
- On Jared Kushner, Sheldon Adelson and Laurene Powell Jobs
- Goldberg explains what it takes to be a great long-form writer
- On his influences: the historical figures he admires and the writers he reads