Doug Williams (@DougWilliams_PG
) is an ex-cop on a 40-year crusade against what he calls the "evil, insidious Orwellian polygraph industry" that landed him in federal prison for two years.
What We Discuss with Doug Williams:
- How does the so-called "lie-detecting" polygraph test actually work, and how easy is it to fool?
- Why is private industry in the United States forbidden from using polygraph testing to screen job applicants, whereas the government relies on it?
- How dangerous is it to national security that this reliance hinges on trusting technology contemporary with (and arguably as complex as) the invention of the toaster?
- Why polygraph testing has more in common with pseudo-sciences like phrenology, conversion therapy, and dowsing than disciplines verifiable by the scientific method.
- How Doug wound up serving two years in a federal prison for teaching people how to beat polygraph tests with a method not dissimilar to body control taught to expectant mothers in Lamaze classes.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/291
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking
-- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course
Like this show? Please leave us a review here
-- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!