) is a technology futurist and geopolitical expert, entrepreneur, media commentator, Senior Fellow of the Atlantic Council, and author of Hacking Darwin: Genetic Engineering and the Fu…
What We Discuss with Jamie Metzl:
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/253
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review h… — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
- Why the speed at which genetic engineering is progressing is akin to Neil Armstrong stepping foot on the moon just six years after the first flight of the Wright brothers.
- Why the genetic traits that seem universally beneficial to us today may turn out to be as ephemeral (and useful to humanity) as powdered wigs and skinny jeans.
- The danger our species faces when we're able to selectively edit out genes that cause disorders without fully understanding their potential benefits or evolutionary purpose (e.g., recessive sickle cell disease carriers' resistance to malaria).
- Why China — run by a government that values the good of the country over the rights and privacy of its citizens — is better poised than the US and other Western countries to excel in the application of genetic science.
- Why addressing the values of equity and diversity today is important for avoiding genetic stagnation and greater friction between the haves and have-nots of tomorrow.
- And much more…