Ashleigh Di Lello, Wellness Expert, Mother, Wife, and Professional Dancer from Broadway and TV shows like So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With The Stars.
At age 13, she was suddenly faced with a life-threatening illness that led to years of chronic pain, a broken metabolism, rapid weight gain, and a destructive relationship with her body and food.
Ashleigh knows the struggle to FEEL the way you want can seem IMPOSSIBLE. And she learned that the smallest changes could make a world of difference. That's why she made it her life's mission to help people like YOU finally break free from feeling like a prisoner to your body!
Ashleigh wants to show you the secret to true and LASTING Body Freedom that has completely changed her life and finally given balance to so many people around the world.
In this episode, Ashleigh dives deep into her personal struggles with chronic illness, pain, and body image. She then speaks about shifting our mindsets and completely revamping our subconscious mind. Our lives are the greatest gift we have, so we need to cherish our bodies. Ashleigh explains ways to practice love and gratitude. Plus, Ashleigh reveals why we shouldn’t count calories and tells us about her various programs.
[00:35] About Ashleigh Di Lello
[12:15] Ways to Shift our Mindsets
- One day, Ashleigh woke up with pain in every joint and muscle in her body. This pain was the beginning of the four and a half years that Ashleigh fought for her life. She was a mystery patient, no one quite knew what was going on, and Ashleigh was sent home to die.
- Gradually, Ashleigh recovered and was finally able to get up and walk around. It was a miracle and taught her about how unbelievable the body can be.
- Six years later, Ashleigh was able to start dancing again, and that began the start of her thriving career.
[18:50] Practicing Love and Gratitude
- Our bodies can become our enemy – something that is working against us.
- Ashleigh’s metabolism was so screwed up. Her body did not know what to do with food; she ended up gaining sixty pounds while eating nutritiously.
- Ashleigh hated her body and felt like she needed a new one. However, she realized she wouldn’t be able to heal if she hated her body. Her body is the only thing that is keeping her alive.
- Recognize the incredible gift of life that your body gives you.
- “It came down to reverence for life first.” -Ashleigh Di Lello
[26:45] Stop Counting Calories
- Our subconscious does a majority of our thinking. The older we are, the more it can take over.
- Say affirmations like “I love my body.” These mantras will help fight the subconscious thinking.
- Another thing you will need to do is be more aware of those subconscious thoughts. When is the first time you decided that you hate your body? Realize that you can change those thoughts in your head.
[33:30] About Ashleigh’s Programs
- Counting calories is outdated information. It came out before we even understood our bodies and food.
- If you eat excess calories, the body will gain weight. However, it’s outdated. What we eat matters so much more. It will affect how we gain fat and muscle.
- In the dancing world, many people have eating disorders. Dancers will starve their bodies and also put poison in it.
- The body is designed to run with the right fuel. Calories keep people from understanding about serving our bodies with the right type of fuels.
- People eat fake food for the sake of their calorie allotment. If your food doesn’t have calories, then it’s not food.
[41:55] Ashleigh’s Definition of Perfect Health
- Ashleigh has been studying the brain for the past three years. She has two different coaching programs. One is focused on people suffering from chronic illnesses, and the other is focused on people who struggle with anxiety and self-doubt.
- Ashleigh helps her clients access their subconscious brain and feel safe enough to let go. There’s a whole process her clients will go through for eight weeks.
- Ashleigh makes sure her clients are living a better life, not just giving them tools and resources.
- “People need to break free and live the life they feel deep inside.” -Ashleigh Di Lello
AND MUCH MORE! Resources from this episode:
- There is no such thing as perfect.
- Have a good relationship with your body and treat your body with respect. If you are doing this, then you are moving your body forward.
- Things are going to happen to each of us, no matter what we do. We will never attain perfect health. However, you can do your part every day to be on that journey.
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.