October is the time in law school where reality begins to set in. Whether you had a tough exam or are struggling with outlining, you may be feeling a little overwhelmed and defeated. You may be exhausted, burnt out, and wondering how you are going to prepare for exams or even what you're doing in law school in the first place. The good news is most law students go through this.
Don't flip out! Take our advice to get through the October Freakout so you can have a productive rest of the semester.
In this episode we discuss:
- Taking stock of where you are and where you should be
- How and where to get help if you are struggling
- What happens if you still feel completely lost in class?
- How long you should be spending on deep thinking tasks (outlining, reviewing concepts and practicing) versus other work
- How to know if your outlines are working for you
- Balancing extra-curricular activities and class work
- How to avoid having Legal Writing take over your life
- Getting things in order to set yourself up for success
- How to set goals that work
Don't let the October Freakout destroy your law school motivation. Stay strong, and you will get through it!
Best of luck!
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know!
We'd love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee