Welcome back. Today, we’re talking about 5 things to focus on academically in the first month of law school, to set yourself up for success later on. If you're just starting law school, this episode is for you!
In this episode we discuss:
- Why you should learn to read cases well in the beginning of law school
- The importance of keeping up with your reading
- Methods for avoiding distractions and paying attention in class
- Different methods of note taking
- Should you handwrite or type your class notes?
- Why it's important to take advantage of office hours
- Should you join a study group?
- Do you need an accountability partner?
- Evaluating your schedule and staying accountable
- How to take legal writing and research seriously without letting it take over your life
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee