Welcome back! Today we're talking with Dr. Jared Maloff, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Beverly Hills, California, about helping students get testing accommodations for tests such as the LSAT, law school exams, and the California Bar Exam (to name a few).
If you're struggling in law school or with the bar exam or know that you have a learning disorder, listen in to find out what accommodations are available, and now to request them.
In this episode we discuss:
- The different accommodations available for different tests (LSAT, Bar Exam, Law School Exams)
- The types of tests used for diagnosing learning disorders and disabilities
- How are these tests evaluated?
- What are the common diagnoses that lead to accommodations?
- What type of accommodations are available to students to level the playing field?
- Reasons why students don't want to get tested
- How to identify if you are struggling with a learning disorder
- The biggest mistakes students make in the accommodations process
- Where do you need to go to get evaluated?
- The costs associated with accommodations
- Coping mechanisms for common problems
- The importance of being proactive about seeking accommodations
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee