Welcome back! Today, we’re excited to have attorney and author Lainey Feingold here with us. She is a long-time disability rights lawyer and developed a technique called Structured Negotiation that is the subject of her book, "Structured Negotiation: A Winning Alternative to Lawsuits," which was recently published by the ABA. Structure Negotiation has been used with well-known organizations including major banks, Walmart, the city of San Francisco, and Major League Baseball to address accessibility issues in physical and virtual environments, outside of court.
If you're interested in learning more this new alternative dispute resolution approach or want to craft a non-traditional legal path, tune in.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is Structured Negotiation?
- How is it different from other alternative dispute resolution techniques?
- Personality traits and skills that are useful in Structured Negotiation
- Lainey's path to becoming a disability rights attorney
- The importance of resilience in a legal career
- Advice for law students interested in an alternative legal practice
- Advice on starting a small firm or solo practice
- Resources that can help when pursuing this type of career
- How you can learn more about Structured Negotiation
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes
. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee