Welcome back! Today we're talking about something that's not discussed all that often in law school, which is emotional intelligence. This is an important piece of the puzzle for happiness and success in your law career and in life.
Want to know how to develop these skills? Tune in!
In this episode we discuss:
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Why is emotional intelligence important in legal work?
- Can better emotional intelligence make you a better lawyer (or will it just make you soft)?
- How to handle the stress of navigating rough waters for your clients
- Why there's persistent conflict in the legal profession and how to handle it
- Lee and Alison give examples of conflict from their legal work
- Personality types and how they affect your lawyering
- The importance of empathy and compassion in lawyers
- Exercises and resources for developing emotional intelligence
Episode Transcript: Download a copy of the transcript
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes
. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee