Welcome to the Law School Toolbox Podcast. Today we have a special guest on the podcast, Meg Keene. Meg is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of A Practical Wedding, (the top independently-held wedding publication in the world), the author of two books (A Practical Wedding and A Practical Wedding Planner), and the creator of a new project, The Compact. Although Meg is not a lawyer, she is married to one, so we consider her part of the club. She's also a kick-ass entrepreneur with a lot of very interesting things to say, so tune in!
In this episode, we discuss:
- The path to entrepreneurship and what you need to know to be successful
- Challenges of running a business as a woman and mother
- Balancing politics and her decision to include a social mission as part of her business
- How to remain authentic in sharing your experiences while maintaining some privacy
- The effort required to create and maintain a social media presence
- Being in a relationship with a law student and lawyer
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes
) (or your listening platform of choice). And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website
). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee