Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking with Sadie Jones, an ex-BigLaw recruiter, about the top OCI mistakes to avoid – from the actual on-campus interviews through the callback process. This episode is chock full of good advice so you don’t want to miss it!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Sadie tells us some of the biggest mistakes she remembers from her BigLaw recruiter days
- How to dress and how NOT to dress for BigLaw interviews
- Cardinal rule #1: NEVER be late!
- Interview tips for students who go straight from college to law school and for non-traditional students
- What you should know about the firm and your interviewers BEFORE you interview
- Advice on note taking during interviews, business cards, thank-you notes, and more!
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts
) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact
). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/
). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter
to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee