Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we're talking about public policy work and gun violence prevention with Allison Anderman, the managing attorney at the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What Allison does as a gun violence prevention public policy expert
- How her career path lead her to her current position
- The difference between litigation and policy work and how law school doesn’t really prepare you for policy work
- Public speaking and how Allison got comfortable with doing media, press, and government testimonies in her current position
- Tips for students interested in public interest advocacy or policy
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts
) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact
). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/
). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter
to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee