Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking about some common problems that we see in the analysis section of legal essays, whether from 1Ls or all the way to the bar exam. Conveniently, we have some suggestions for solving these problems!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Common mistake number 1: Not systematically laying out the elements
- Attack plans – what are they and how can they help you improve your essay analysis
- Don’t forget about terms of art – don’t write two paragraphs when two words will do
- Another common and big mistake – missing issues – remember the FACTS are there for a reason
- The best way to learn to identify issues from facts – PRACTICE
- Two big DON’Ts – don’t ignore counterarguments and don’t forget the conclusion BECAUSE you might lose big points
- How to better organize your essay to make it easier for the grader to read
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts
) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact
). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/
). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter
) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee