Have you spent most of your life feeling awful and beating yourself up because you can’t focus as well as you think you should, or you can’t remember all the things the world requires you to remember?
You’re not alone. And you're not broken.
Jim Kwik, the founder of Kwik Learning, is a widely recognized world expert in speed-reading, memory improvement, brain performance, and accelerated learning.
Jim points out that there is no such thing as a “good” or “bad” memory: just a trained memory or an untrained memory. If you have issues focusing and remembering, there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with you. It’s not an IQ issue. It’s not about your intelligence. You need to train your brain. In this episode, Jim shows us how.
Join us today and spend some time with Jim, and learn how to quickly and easily train your brain to learn twice as much in half the time, to release damaging ideas about your mental ability, and to unlock incredible levels of mental skill and power that you never believed you could access.
It’s easier than you think.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- If knowledge is power, learning is a superpower - and Jim Kwik can help you become a superhero
- Jim’s childhood label: The boy with the broken brain
- Become superhuman: learn twice as much in half the time
- Always remember “MOM” - (M)otivation, (O)bservation, (M)echanics
- An enormous number of really excellent “Kwik” puns
- Why our “smart” phones are making us stupid
- BE SUAVE: B(elieve), E(xercise), S(ay the name), U(se the name in conversation), A(sk), V(isualize), E(nd - say their name when you say goodbye)
- How to release damaging self-stories tied to your school-age traumas
- How to read 30 books in 30 days - you really can!
- The outdated assumptions about human learning capabilities (you can do SO much more!)
- If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them. If you argue for them, they’re yours. Consider choosing a different story for yourself.
- How to audit your self-talk, and stand guard at the doors of what enters your mind
- Shifting from “I’ve got to” to “I get to”
- Powerful long-term memories: information + emotion
- Genius leaves clues (the method behind the magic)
- If you live in the past, you’re dying in the present
- Memory: the art of caring
- Eliminating the extra noise to focus in on the most important things
- There’s no such thing as a “good” or “bad” memory: just trained memory or untrained memory
- ⅓ of our memory is determined by biology and genetics. The other ⅔ is up to us, and is within our control.
- What’s good for your heart is good for your head
- Everyone’s favorite conversation subject: talking about themselves
- Knowledge is not power; it’s only the potential for power. It’s up to you to use it.
about this episode.
Watch it on YouTube
Connect with Luke on social media to learn how to take your lifestyle to the next level, plus catch exclusive live interviews & events:
INSTAGRAM - @lukestorey // https://www.instagram.com/lukestorey/
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/MrLukeStorey/
TWITTER - @MrLukeStorey // https://twitter.com/MRLUKESTOREY
YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/c/LukeStorey
THIS SHOW IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: SKILLSHARE
. Biohacking is a constant journey of physical, spiritual, and mental improvement, so I’m always trying to learn as much as I can. That’s why I share these conversations and that’s why I want to tell you about Skillshare. You can take classes in social media marketing, data science, mobile photography, creative writing - you name it, they’ve got it. So, whether you’re trying to deepen your professional skill-set, start a side hustle, or just explore a new passion, Skillshare is there to keep you learning and thriving. Go to http://Skillshare.com/LIFESTYLIST
to get 2 months of Skillshare for just 99 cents!
AND... CURED NUTRITION.
Cured Nutrition makes CBD-infused products made from Colorado-grown organic hemp. They are pioneers within the fitness industry, out to educate health and fitness-minded people about the benefits of hemp and make CBD accessible to all. Their spices and nut-based cookie dough are delicious and easy to incorporate into any well-rounded health and fitness program, and all of the products provide the amazing anti-inflammatory benefits of hemp extract and are designed to be used at any time of the day. Get 10% off by going to https://www.curednutrition.com/thelifestylist/
and using the code "lifestylist".
AND… ALTERRA PURE
. This show is all about optimizing your lifestyle, and part of that is optimizing your sleep environment. I’m super stoked about the new bedding company Alterra Pure. Insane high quality, truly organic, pesticide-free, non-GMO cotton sheets and bedding. A lot of stuff in the market is actually pretty fake. I’ve done a lot of research into it. Alterra Pure is legit, I’m using them on my bed, they are insanely high quality. What’s also great about this company is that they support the environment, social sustainability and are absolutely transparent. 15% OFF when you use coupon code LIFESTYLIST at https://www.alterrapure.com/?aff=2
HELP SUPPORT THIS SHOW!
Starting and growing a podcast requires a ton of time, energy, and money. Do you appreciate this information, and want to support my mission to deliver as much life enhancing information as possible to as many people as possible?
The easiest, and most effective way you can help is to do this:
- Go to Lukestorey.com/support and donate towards show production costs
- Subscribe to the show by clicking “subscribe” in iTunes
- Write us a review in iTunes
- Share this show with one friend right now
You’d be amazed how much these four simple steps do to help us grow! Here’s the magic link for reviews in iTunes.
Or, if you want to get there yourself, you can follow these instructions
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for listening and joining me on this journey we call life