Is your brain broken? How would you know if it was, considering you would have to use your broken brain to assess your broken brain? And what do I mean when I say ‘broken’ anyway? By broken, I mean that there may very well be parts of your brain that are inactive or contrarily overactive, that are impairing your ability to handle stress, be creative, sleep, solve problems, and function at your peak potential.
Thanks to a technology called ‘brain mapping’, we can quite literally see how well our brain is functioning. Once issues are identified, neurofeedback training can then be applied to correct it. Neurofeedback gives you the the ability to ‘read’ your brainwaves, in order to accurately assess your brain's health. This amazing treatment is used to treat everything from PTSD to addictions, and has an impressively high success rate.
In this special ‘field recording’ episode, I travel to Peak Brain Institute and interview one of the world's leading experts in Neuroscience, Dr. Andrew Hill. We started the interview by doing a scan of my brain, and during the show our guest shares some pretty disappointing results with me. Thankfully, I also learned that I can probably fix it using a combination of neurofeedback, smart drugs, and proper supplementation.
If you’re interested in hacking your brain to unlock its full badass potential, this show is jam-packed with brain centered, cutting edge tips that will no doubt upgrade not only your brain, but your life.
Please share this episode with a friend. Especially if that friend has a past that includes trauma, PDST, and addictions.
Here’s to you, and that magical ball of fat we call your brain,
- Introducing the phenomenal mind of Dr. Hill
- Peak Brain Institute: a gym for the brain and how it works
- What is Neurofeedback?
- The brain mapping process explained
- What are the different brain waves? Delta, Alpha, Theta, Beta
- Brain waves activated in deep meditation
- The problem with Gamma waves
- Flow state: what brain waves are predominant when you’re in the zone?
- OBE, Ecstasy, LSD: what’s happening to the brain?
- The timeline progression of Neurofeedback treatment
- Analyzing Luke’s QEEG report - the unexpected prognostic
- Meditation will change your brain and spare you from age-related cognitive decline
- Dangers and benefits of nootropics and smart drugs
- Safe cognitive enhancers: L-Tyrosine, L-Theanine
- Herbs and proprietary blends obscure amounts: the warnings to look for
- Lifestyle recommendations
HELP SUPPORT THIS SHOW!
Starting and growing a podcast requires a ton of time, energy, and money. Do you appreciate this information, and want to support my mission to deliver as much life enhancing information as possible to as many people as possible? The easiest, and most effective way you can help is to do this:
1. Go to Lukestorey.com/support and donate towards show production costs 2. Subscribe to the show by clicking “subscribe” in iTunes 3. Write us a review in iTunes 4. Share this show with 1 friend right now
You’d be amazed how much these four simple steps do to help us grow!
Here’s the magic link for reviews: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-life-styli…
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for listening, and joining me on this journey we call life.