"I just want to be happy..." is something you've probably said one thousand times. You want to be happy at work, at home, with your partner and friends—but what does that mean? You've no-doubt felt "happy" while walking on the beach on a warm summer night at sunset, but if you're like me, you've also felt "happy" in a sweaty, controlled mess on your yoga mat—so what's going on? Happiness is something we're all seeking and yet almost no one can define. No wonder we struggle to achieve it. On this week's Yoga Talk Show, you'll learn about the four chemicals responsible for happiness, and more importantly, how to cultivate them. ------------ Listen & Learn:
- Why social status & pride are important for serotonin
- Why the stress hormone cortisol can kill your chances of happiness
- How early life patterns can influence (but not predict) your habits today
- Why people get addicted to "runner's high"
- How to choose healthy ways to trigger happy brain chemicals
ABOUT OUR GUEST Loretta Graziano Breuning, PhD, is the founder of the Inner Mammal Institute. She's Professor Ammer-ita at California State University, East Bay, and author of I-Mammal, Habits of a Happy Brain, and The Science of Positivity. Nutritional Tip of the Week:
Links & References from the Show:
Like the Show?
Thanks to our sponsor:
- FreshBooks - a cloud accounting solution specially designed for small business owners. Join 10 million people using FreshBooks and spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love. Freshbooks automates tasks like invoicing, organizing expenses, tracking your time and following up with clients in just a few clicks. It is also offering now yoga talk show listeners a free 30 days trial. Go to freshbooks.com/yoga and enter yogapodcast in how did you hear about us section. Learn More