I'm kicking off season two with a very special guest, the one and only Scott Devine from scottsbasslessons.com
. Now, Scott was actually a client of ours for many years, the very last client we stopped working with in fact. And we've seen his site go from free YouTube videos and a PayPal donate button to a seven figure membership site in the years that we've worked with him.
It’s been about 18 months now since we worked with Scott so I was very happy to get the chance to catch up with him and share some details of his journey with you here.
Listen in to hear:
- How Scott went from winging it to attracting 30,000 members in just 6 years
- Getting started with free YouTube videos and how YouTube has been a main source of members - with over 500,000 subscribers to his channel
- How SBL became the Netflix of bass education and dominated the market with an all-star guest faculty
- Offering annual only memberships for less than $200 and what happened when he recently added a monthly option
- How and why Scott evolved the Academy from one man band to a full faculty of teachers providing weekly live content for the site
- What happened when they changed the format of videos they were producing and why professional marketing videos just didn’t cut it
- Going from a one man band to a thriving team and learning to become a manager along the way
- What he’d change and focus on if he was starting all over again
- And much much more!