Your thyroid is the master regulator of your metabolism. Any endeavors for healthy weight loss or weight gain are all governed by your hyper-intelligent thyroid gland.
Today, more than ever, there’s a war being waged against your thyroid gland. Environmental pollution, nutrient deficiencies, and unchecked stress are all putting a dire burden on this critical gland. Millions of people are being stricken with thyroid issues, and conventional medicine doesn’t have a solution for it.
The standard approach is to counterattack the thyroid gland using dangerous medications, removing your thyroid gland, or even destroying your thyroid gland with radiation as a method of “treatment”.
If the thyroid is already being attacked by our abnormal conditions today, what sense does it make to attack the thyroid even more? Why wouldn’t we support the thyroid and help it to perform normally? Why wouldn’t we focus on removing the underlying cause of the thyroid condition so that there’s nothing to battle in the first place?
That’s where Dr. Amy Myers comes in.
Amy Myers, MD is a renown leader in functional medicine and author of the New York Times bestselling book The Autoimmune Solution. She’s been a pioneer in helping the public at large truly understand thyroid function and how to safely and naturally reverse even the most difficult thyroid issues. What’s even more powerful is that Dr. Myers is teaching all of us from firsthand experience as a thyroid patient herself. She’s here today to share her story and to share with you how to have amazing, vibrant health by optimizing the function of this remarkable gland.
In this episode you'll discover:
- How Dr. Amy Myers’ own thyroid struggles transformed her life and shifted her career.
- How conventional medicine treats hyperthyroid and hypothyroid conditions.
- Why having a functioning thyroid enables your body to respond to your lifestyle.
- What Grave’s disease is and the symptoms it causes.
- How conventional physicians tend to misdiagnose and mistreat thyroid conditions.
- Why normal thyroid labs doesn’t necessarily mean you have healthy thyroid function.
- What your various thyroid hormones are and what they do (this is important!).
- What can cause your reverse T3 to go out of optimal range.
- Why thyroid conditions are far more prevalent today.
- Which nutrient deficiencies can cause thyroid problems.
- How your gut health deeply impacts your thyroid function.
- The surprising ways that stress can cause severe thyroid problems.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week! Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-Apple Podcast…