In Part I of this in-depth interview and Scotch tasting with Adam Safir of the DC Islay Scotch society, some of the topics we discuss include:
- How Adam fell in love with Scotch, and what drove him to really dive deep into this particular region.
- All about whisky societies, including how to find a group to join in your area.
- How Scotch whiskies produced on Islay traditionally differ in style from those made in other famous regions like the Highlands, or Speyside, for example.
- Some important definitions for terms like “malting” and “peat,” and an examination of the role that terroir plays in peated malts.
- How to think about technical terms like Phenol Parts per Million (or PPM)
- A tasting of several impressive Islay Scotch expressions,
- And much, much more.
Who's On This Episode
This episode hasn't been reviewed yet. You can add a review to show others what you thought.
Mentioned In These Lists
There are no lists that include "Episode 093 - Tour of Islay (Part I)". You can add this episode to a new or existing list.