Part II highlights the dichotomous type of war that the Korean War seemed to become once the Chinese Army threw their hat into the ring. It not only changed the war, it was an action that had rippling effects of change for the whole world.
Part of the Podcast Advocate Network
- Past the 38th Parallel: [00:05:00]
- McArthur's Desires Become Priority: [00:16:00]
- The Chinese Attack the US 8th Cavalry: [00:21:50]
- About China and Why they Entered the War: [00:39:17]
- David Halberstam excerpt on McArthur: [00:45:55]
- Summary of McArthur's Errors: [00:51:10]
- China Overwhelms the US 2nd Division: [01:00:26]
- The affect of Fear on men in Battle: [01:11:26]
- US forces are reluctantly ordered to retreat: [01:13:28]
- Military Chiefs React and Blameshift [01:24:50]
- "The Gauntlet" of retreat: [01:27:12]
Who's On This Episode
We don't know anything about the creators of this episode yet. You can add them yourself so they can be credited for this and other podcasts.
This episode hasn't been reviewed yet. You can add a review to show others what you thought.
Mentioned In These Lists
There are no lists that include "The Korean War (Part II): A Brand New War". You can add this episode to a new or existing list.