All episodes available at https://TheNeuroNerds.com. Follow @TheNeuroNerds on Twitter/Instagram and Like us at Facebook.com/TheNeuroNerds.
This is our very first Teen TBI Talk episode as part of our Back To School Series! Co-hosts Joe and Lauren talk with teen TBI survivor Derrius and his mom Kayla about his experience suffering multiple concussions as a child, how they affected him both physically and mentally and what recovery has been like as an adolescent. Lauren being a TBI survivor as well relates to him about all of the emotional and physical affects of a concussion. Plus they discuss prevention and awareness. If you are a teen/child TBI survivor or know someone who has gone through this, please share your story with us and connect with Derrius. Leave us a comment on our socials to connect!
Links to Topics Mentioned
**Check out The NeuroNerds Amazon Picks at amazon.com/shop/theneuronerds
Plus get a free Audible trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/theneuronerds!**
. Currently, The NeuroNerds are reading our fellow stroke survivor, Mimi Hayes’ book ‘I’ll Be Ok It’s Just A Hole In My Head.’ Join us!
- Support The NeuroNerds podcast on Patreon and join our NeuroJedi High Council at www.Patreon.com/TheNeuroNerds
- Co-hosted by Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano
- Produced by Joe Borges and Felice LaZae
- Edited by Felice LaZae, http://felicelazae.com, @felicelazae on Twitter/Instagram
- Theme song produced by Sleep Deez, @sleepvision on Instagram, @sleepdeez on Twitter
- Sponsored by Avid Technology and our Patreon Supporters