Great conversation with Bryan Entzminger, host of Engaging Missions
and podcast engineer/editor
We discuss his podcast production and quite a bit about his preferred DAW which he is quite skilled in using: Hindenburg Journalist Pro.
Here is Bryan's Live Demonstration
of Hindenburg Journalist Pro, and here's a 90-day free trial
of Hindenburg Journalist Pro.
Here are Bryan's production details:
- Electro-Voice RE320
- Rolls cough switch
- Sound Devices MixPre-3
- For remote internet calls, I use a second computer (an old Dell) into the line in for the MixPre-3 using a hardware mix-minus in the MixPre
- I record 2 tracks right onto the SD card in the MixPre. I also run 2 tracks via USB into my MacBook Pro and record into Hindenburg Journalist Pro
- Voice profiler in Hindenburg can create custom profiles!
- For editing, I use Hindenburg Journalist Pro along with iZotope RX7 for audio restoration and Ozone 7 for mastering and a variety of Waves and other plugins depending on the need. I mix and edit in multitrack mode, export to WAV fully mastered but not normalized to -16/-19.
- I then bring that mastered file back into Hindenburg to level using the loudness matching and either convert to MP3 using Hindenburg or RX7. If I use Hindenburg, I'll also apply the id3 tags and upload right to Libsyn from there.
Also, Bryan got back to me about the Hindenburg auto-leveling feature that we discussed in the episode: "I did several checks with the auto-level with effects and it appears my original assumption was correct. The auto-level is at the "region" (clip) level upon input - prior to ANY processing within Hindenburg."
Thanks for sharing so much great info, Bryan!
DID YOU KNOW........We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. We appreciate you listening.
Want to Start a Business or Have a Career
as a Podcast Producer/Engineer?
Listen and Subscribe in Apple Podcasts
, Google Podcasts