Even the most successful people are insecure.
There is one guest I keep having on the podcast who is unlike any other.
He always says exactly what he thinks. He talks about money in a real, relatable way. And when he comes on the show, he shows his soft side and cries.
Yes, I'm talking about my good friend, Grant Cardone.
Grant was in town a couple of weeks ago and stopped by to record an episode with me. Since this is becoming a yearly tradition, we covered a lot of what he has learned in the last year as he has scaled his businesses. It was amazing to hear his perspective on what can be accomplished in a year (and a decade.)
CEO of CardoneCapital, international speaker, entrepreneur and author of The 10X Rule & creator of 21 best-selling business programs, Grant Cardone owns & operates seven privately held companies and a $1.5B portfolio of multifamily properties. Named the #1 marketer to watch by Forbes Magazine, Cardone is also the founder of the The 10X Movement & The 10 Growth Conference, the world’s largest business & entrepreneur conference.
I love pushing Grant to think bigger about his already huge goals. In this conversation, he opened up about how his wife Elena pushes him in this way, what his daughters have taught him about fun and love, and why insecurity is still a huge factor in his life.
If you're ready to expand your mindset and face your biggest fears, this conversation will take you there in Episode 905.
- Do you think insecurity is a good thing? (10:12)
- What’s your definition of success? (12:40)
- How do you get over the insecurity that comes at you? (16:18)
- How do you get your head out of the mechanics to make your dream possible? (25:20)
- What have your kids taught you about being a better person? (43:07)
- What are the non-negotiables everyone should have in order to make money? (49:45)
- The way Grant still doubts himself and how he gets over that (1:08)
- Something big to let go of in 2020 (5:07)
- Why we are trained to think small (10:45)
- The most insecure moment Grant experienced last year (14:00)
- Why it’s helpful to have a partner who thinks bigger than you do (18:41)
- How to talk to your spouse about money on a regular basis (27:25)
- How Grant went from no money at almost 50 to where he is today (29:50)
- Why taking care of your health is so important to your financial success (32:30)
- Why changing your friends is so important for your growth (37:55)
- Why Grant doesn’t put dates on his goals (41:35)
- Why you should never take advice from a millionaire (48:25)
- Plus much more...
If you enjoyed this episode, check out the video, show notes and more at http://www.lewishowes.com/905
and follow at instagram.com/lewishowes