This week, Kristin talks with Laura Garwin, who turned professional trumpet player at the age of 52.
Laura went from physics to geology to journalism, with a Rhodes scholarship along the way, but finally found that she was ready to make trumpet her full-time career. In this episode, we hear about her humble musical beginnings, her resistance to study physics in the footsteps of her famous father, and why geologists are more fun than some musicians.
Subscribe, review and share The Second Chapter- wherever you listen to your favourite podcasts or on podchaser.com
- For transcript, go to thesecondchapterpodcast.com
- If you like what we do, buy us a coffee! https://ko-fi.com/thesecondchapter
- youtube.com/slacklineproductions for audio and video content,
- Twitter: @slacklineprodu2, Instagram: @the_second_chapter_podcast,
- On Facebook as Slackline Productions #womenover35 #wearebadass
On The Second Chapter, founder of Slackline Productions, Kristin Duffy, chats with women who started the second (or third… or fifth!) chapter in their careers and lives, after 35. You’ll find inspiring stories, have a few laughs, and maybe even be motivated to turn the page on your own second chapter!
Of course we’d love to hear what you think- and if you love the show, please leave us a 5-star rating and review on podchaser or Apple podcasts.