Scott Colby is an adventure lover who has created businesses around his passions. Although he has spent over a decade in the fitness industry helping people create transformations, it is his love of international travel and thirst for adventure that has led him create his favorite brands - Say It With Gratitude and Unplug and Play Adventures.
I invited Scott to come on the show because I wanted to talk to him about the power of gratitude in his life and how he has used it to fuel his career. Scott recently launched Say It With Gratitude, a movement designed to help people have more gratitude and happiness in their lives. It starts with thank you cards, designed by kids impacted by charity.
Scott’s mission with Say It With Gratitude is powerful. The impact gratitude is having on his life and on those he serves is profound. Scott is also quick to clarify that gratitude, while it should be practiced consistently, can be practiced imperfectly. There are no strict rules or “right” ways to do it. The power is in doing it in a way that you are reflecting positively on your own life and touching others in a positive way.
Ways to practice Gratitude:
- Say Thank You out loud and often
- Appreciate the little things in your daily life
- Acknowledge what you DO have in rough times
- Acknowledge people with your words and actions
- Notice simple pleasures
- Notice, take in, and appreciate your surroundings
- Get out in nature
- Not comparing yourself to others – embrace your unique path and own it
- Live your life as if everything is a miracle
- Smile at others and make eye contact
- Make small talk with strangers
- Give compliments freely
- Impact on your community
Listen in to hear Scott share:
- How gratitude can change your life
- How to practice gratitude in new, simple, easy ways
- Why we need to resurrect Thank You cards
- The power or pivoting
- The magic of asking for help
Make sure to check out Say It With Gratitude
and the charities and people Scott is currently working with. I was particularly touched by Joshua’s story
and Be Strong, a charity to fight bullying.
Scott’s fitness website: ScottColby.com
Scott’s Podcast: The Power to Change
Book: Evolved Enterprise By Yanik Silver
Book: Miracle Morning By Hal Elrod
Book: The Gratitude Connection By Amy Collette
Book: Deep work, Rules for Focused Success In A Distrac…
App: Insight Timer