Will having your own book help you land more speaking gigs? Should you write a book before even trying to land your first speaking job? And how exactly do you navigate the self-publishing waters if and when you decide to write your own book?
The man to answer those questions is none other than Chandler Bolt, and he's our guest for episode 67 of The Speaker Lab!
Chandler is the founder and visionary creator of Self-Publishing School, a site devoted to helping you write, market and publish your own book in 90 days. The site also helps you leverage that book into coaching, speaking and other gigs.
On today's show, Chandler shares how his own self-publishing success became the groundwork for the Self-Publishing School, why you should have a book at all, and why you don't have to be a great writer to become a published author. It's all here for you on this episode of The Speaker Lab! THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- Which comes first: your first speaking gig or your first book?
- How do you overcome Blank Screen Syndrome?
- What is Chandler's 3 step writing process?
- How did he and his brother write a book in a week?
- Why he transcribes his own audio recordings to write his books.
- What are the pros and cons of self-publishing?
- Why publishers only give publishing deals to people who don't need them.
- Does self-publishing have to cost a lot?
- And much, much more.