Superman 182, January 1966!
Download Episode 391 Part I!
SUPERMAN 182, January 1966, was published on November 4, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, according to Mike's Amazing World Of DC Comics
, while the Grand Comic Book Database
credits Curt Swan and Al Plastino as penciller for the cover. It does appear that Superman's face resembled Al Plastino's art style instead of Curt Swan's. The inker was George Klein and the letterer was Ira Schnapp.
- (2:46) MY PULL LIST segment, featuring the comic books I ordered from Discount Comic Book Service
, which carried the July 2019 cover date, released during the month of May 2019.
- (10:50) A short review of the book THE LEAGUE OF REGRETTABLE SUPERHEROES by John Morris and published by Quirk Books in 2015.
- (19:39) THE NEW LIVES OF SUPERMAN (16 pages divided into two eight page parts). Part I was titled BLIND CLARK KENT. The story was written by Jerry Siegel, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein. This was Siegel's 57th silver age Superman story and his 154th for the era.
- (30:31) Part II: CLARK THE "K",
- (47:51) THE MENACE OF THE TERRIBLE TOYMAN (8 pgs.), written by Leo Dorfman, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
- (1:00:37) METROPOLIS MAILBAG letter column.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue's ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED JANUARY 1966: PART II: SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 62, PART III: SUPERMAN 183 (80 Pg. Giant), PART IV: ACTION COMICS 332 & PART V: SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 90!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com
. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.You
can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group
on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast
. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr
, the Internet Archive
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS
- The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com
. "Plans in Motion" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com
) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
If you are interested in my artwork, go to wayfarerercomics.wordpress.com
. I am available for commissions, so click on the Art Commissions
tab for more information. If interested, send an e-mail to email@example.com
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, creators of Superman!
And don't forget to take care of each other out there.