On Episode 87 of The Tennis Files Podcast, I spoke with Franklin Tiafoe about his tennis career and close relationship with his brother and top 35 ranked pro Frances Tiafoe. I first met Franklin at the Citi Open player party last summer and am really glad he made time to speak with me on the podcast!
Franklin played #1 singles and doubles at DeMatha High School in Maryland, my homestate! He is currently training with a private coach at the USTA National Tennis Center in Orlando, Florida to prepare for Men's Opens and eventually pro tournaments.
The younger of the two brothers, Franklin has an extremely close relationship with Frances, and when they are not on the road together (which is the norm these days), the Tiafoe brothers Facetime, live stream, or whatever the cool kids call it these days, to keep their relationship strong and pick each other up during tougher moments in their careers.
On this episode, we discuss Franklin's journey from a young junior player at the Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, to his training sessions at the USTA National Tennis Center, his plans for making a run on the pro tour, how his brother Frances was able to reach the Quarterfinals of the Australian Open, their biggest influences growing up, key tips to improve your tennis game, and many other interesting topics that you won't want to miss!
I really hope you enjoy my interview with Franklin! Let us know what you think about this episode in the comments below!
- Franklin's 1st memory of hitting a tennis ball
- Three things most of the world doesn't know about Franklin Tiafoe
- Hardships Franklin and his brother Frances faced as junior tennis players
- His strong relationships growing up with Frances
- The coaches that had the greatest impact on Franklin and Frances (one was my college tennis teammate!)
- The financial burdens of playing tennis
- The best piece of advice that Franklin has received from his coaches
- A typical day of training at the USTA National Tennis Center in Orlando
- How Frances broke through to reach the Quarterfinals of the Australian Open, and why Franklin was not surprised with the result
- What Franklin has learned from Frances that he applies to his own game
- A key tip to improve your tennis game.....and much more!
Subscribe to automatically download new episodes!Right Click Here to Download the MP3
Links Mentioned in the Show
Website and Resource LinksFranklin's Instagram PageFranklin's Twitter PageFranklin's Facebook Page
BooksComplete Conditioning for Tennis (2nd edition)
- Dr. Mark Kovacs
Tennis Summit LinksTennis Technique SummitTennis Summit 2018
Related PodcastsTFP 066: Jamie Loeb—Staying Mentally Tough on the …TFP 065: How Denis Kudla's Obsession with Tennis T…
My Youtube Channel!Tennis Files Youtube Channel
- Subscribe! You know you want to
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links, so if you make a purchase after clicking, I'll make a small commission that will help support the podcast. Thanks either way!
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to The Tennis Files Podcast in iTunes
or your favorite podcast app!
For more tips on how to improve your tennis fitness, subscribe to my newsletter and download a free copy of my free eBook, The Building Blocks of Tennis Success below! Thanks for listening!
The post TFP 087: Franklin Tiafoe — Preparing for the Pro T…
appeared first on Tennis Files