Sir Richard Branson (@richardbranson), founder and chairman of The Virgin Group, is a world-famous entrepreneur, adventurer, activist, and business icon. He has launched a dozen billion-dollar businesses and hundreds of other companies.
His new autobiography, Finding My Virginity, shares the candid details of a lifetime of triumphs and failures and provides an intimate look at his never-ending quest to push boundaries, break rules, and seek new frontiers.
I loved our conversation, and we covered a lot, including:
- Richard's thoughts on "clean meat," block chain, and cryptocurrency
- How he's coped with dyslexia, and how his parents helped make him resilient
- Behind-the-scenes stories of deal-making, PR stunts, big wins, and big losses
- The habits (and life decisions) he's used to maintain high energy levels for decades
- How Richard masterfully caps/limits downside risk, even though he's perceived as a risk taker
- How and why he takes regular 1-2-month (sometimes longer) breaks from alcohol
- Favorite books
- Lessons learned from Nelson Mandela and other mentors
- And much more...
This podcast is brought to you by Ascent Protein, the best protein I've ever tried. Ascent is the only US-based company that offers native proteins -- both whey and micellar casein -- directly to the consumer for improved muscle health and performance. Because the product is sourced from Ascent's parent company, Leprino Foods -- the largest producer of mozzarella cheese in the world -- it's entirely free of artificial ingredients and completely bypasses the bleaching process common to most other whey products on the market.
If you want cleaner, less processed protein, which I certainly do, go to ascentprotein.com/tim for 20 percent off you…
This podcast is also brought to you by WordPress.com, my go-to platform for 24/7-supported, zero downtime blogging, writing online, creating websites -- everything! I love it to bits, and the lead developer, Matt Mullenweg, has appeared on this podcast many times.
Whether for personal use or business, you're in good company with WordPress.com — used by The New Yorker, Jay Z, Beyonce, FiveThirtyEight, TechCrunch, TED, CNN, and Time, just to name a few. A source at Google told me that WordPress offers "the best out-of-the-box SEO imaginable," which is probably why it runs nearly 30% of the Internet. Go to WordPress.com/Tim to get 15% off your website today!