Bossman and I are in Bangkok, gearing up for DC BKK
, and we are chatting with our friend Jacob Puhl
this week. Jacob is one of our speakers here for the event, and he has built a really unique and successful productized service business at Firegang.com
, geared primarily toward the dental industry. He really has a lot of valuable knowledge on the actions that go into scaling a business. We’re gonna be talking about how to overcome the complications of investing in and expanding a services business and the five ways to turn your services business into a salable asset.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What happened when someone tried to buy Jacob’s business.
- Why you should be mapping out your workflow.
- What it means to define the “pods” of your business, and how you can use that knowledge to your advantage.
- How creating scorecards can enable you to track and monitor productivity.
- Jacob’s unique way of measuring his clients’ satisfaction with his service.
- How to manage the “emotional machine” of a service business.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:Call us at 888-554-8428TropicalMBA ListenersJacobPuhl.comFireGang.com
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian