With the help of our friend Taylor Pearson from TaylorPearson.me
, we are continuing our 5 part series. The first episode was about making that first $1,000 of income. This episode is all about the next phase of a business, where you are starting to make a living, but you’re trying to figure out how to scale that and turn it into a real asset. We’ll talk about how we got out of our jobs and built a business, how long we were living broke for and the fundamental difference between building yourself a job and a business.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why you should be building in as much margin as you possibly can in the beginning.
- How to structure your business to focus on the pipeline.
- Why you should be more like Dilbert.
- When and how we decided to hire our first employee.
- What it means to “Optimize for Interesting” and why you should be doing it.
- The benefits of living broke.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian