In traditional work environments, many employers have systems and policies in place for their employees who feel overwhelmed or stuck either professionally or personally. This can look like professional mentorship or personal options to see a counselor. But where does that leave the men and women in the business world who are on the cutting edge, on the wild frontier of business startups? On this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged, Tony talks with David Shriner-Cahn. They discuss the benefits of a peer support network, how to get unstuck in business, his journey as a podcast host, and much more. Their conversation is wide-ranging and fascinating, you can’t miss it!
The Critical Value of Peer Support Striking out on your own as an innovator and entrepreneur can be a very lonely endeavor. Unless you have a rockstar team that you’ve gathered from the start, you can find yourself going from pumped and hyped to isolated and lost. Thankfully there is a new wave of leaders and networkers who are bringing their skill set to bear on this issue. David Shriner-Cahn and his team are working toward creating a tribe of entrepreneurs and leaders who can gather to offer each other peer support. You might think of this as another networking opportunity but David and his team are looking past that so men and women can find the relational and emotional support to fuel them as they strive for success in the marketplace. To hear more of David’s inspiring vision, listen to this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged.
Are you stuck? There’s a team that can help! Stuck - everyone’s been there personally or professionally at some point in their life. It’s kind of like driving in snowy conditions and hitting a snowbank, your car is stuck. You can try with all your might to go forward or backward but you just end up spinning your wheels. When you are in a situation like that, you need someone to come with the right tools to get you unstuck. That’s what David Shriner-Cahn and his team offer to business leaders and entrepreneurs. They have honed in on specific tools and strategies that can free leaders from the mess they find themselves in. Make sure to listen to David’s helpful solutions on this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged!
5 Steps to Getting Unstuck David Shriner-Cahn wants to help business leaders succeed. That impulse to help others has led David and his team to develop five steps to getting “Unstuck.” These five steps have a primary application in the business world but they are so helpful they can apply to your personal life as well. Here are the “Five Steps to Getting Unstuck”:
- Strategizing - Creating a strategy to get started. Analyze where you are and create a plan.
- Implementing - Start implementing the plan. Take the first step.
- Measuring - Make sure that you have metrics for success. Success is not absolute - it is a scale.
- Learning - Look at those metrics and learning from them.
- Improving - Taking what you’ve learned and modifying your approach.
To hear David expand on these steps and more - don’t miss this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged!
Smashing the Plateau David Shriner-Cahn hosts the podcast, “Smashing the Plateau.” He has built a large following of business leaders and innovators. To learn from such a talented and gracious guest is a HUGE treat. You can hear the passion in David’s voice as he talks about the success and lessons he has encountered as his podcasts following grows. In a brave new world of branding and gathering an audience, David, and his team excel in a crowded marketplace. Learn from his story of success on this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE
- [1:08] Tony’s guest today: David Shriner-Cahn
- [1:44] Tony introduces David
- [2:10] David tells his story, the cliff notes version.
- [5:45] What has the journey been like as a podcast host?
- [17:40] Has David seen new customers from his podcast?
- [18:40] David talks about networking and creating a support group with podcast guests.
- [22:45] David explains the work his company is engaged in.
- [24:00] How does David keep his clients engaged in the service his company provides?
- [25:00] David shares the five step process his team uses with clients.
- [28:00] What is the one thing David wants to share with the podcast audience?
- [29:30] How to connect with David.
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE