In today's episode we have Shay Eskew and his moving story....burn survivor with scars over 65% of his body ....was burned at the tender age of 8. Doctors wouldn't want him to participate in sports yet he was playing baseball shortly after he was released from the hospital. Shay is living testament to "Anything is Possible": 4x Ironman, 4x member of Team USA, ranked top 2% of Ironmen worldwide and has competed in 8 triathlon world championships, including the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii. His mantra has always been to not merely be a "finisher" but to be a "competitor."This story it's really encouraging. A story of overcoming many obstacles and in spite of injuries he's succeeded at the toughest sports.
In this episode you'll learn:
* How did he overcome these moments?
* Over the course of 36 years had 35 surgeries
* He Pursued sports that didn’t reward true athleticism but perseverance, grit and persistence. Sports that are not about who’s the fastest but who slows down the least
* How he is able to compete in IRONMAN triathlons
* In order to be mentally strong one ought to train the mind
* and much more
Resources: Book - What the Fire Ignited
Keep in touch with Shay Eskew: http://www.shayeskew.com
Linkedin: Shay Eskew
Instagram: Shay Eskew
Keep in touch with Neal Antigua: www.thetopperformer.net
Questions, comments, suggestions via email Twitter: @NAntigua
Instagram: The Top Performer