Kicking things off with the Clip of the Week (5:51). Then we get into Dill’s question of the week, and have the conversation about being the side piece (7:09). We discuss a certain style of hip hop that involves a lot of beat switches and trans
Kicking things off with the Song of the Week from 88GLAM (8:19). Dill’s question of the week asks what would you do (11:32). New Music feels like there’s not much to discuss - we get into Ari Lennox’s ‘age/sex/location’, and NAV’s ‘Demons Prote
Story time with Dill leads to the naming of this episode (5:03). Dill’s story is the perfect segue into his question of the week - could you ever date a woman who has had a hoe phase? (8:09). Song of the Week courtesy of Roney (14:47). We discu
This week’s Song of The Week involves Tim Hortons (3:59). Dill makes the claim that Bad Bunny is the biggest artist in the world (8:27). Getting into some new music that has come out over the past few weeks sparks a few questions about DJ Khale
We recap what we’ve been up to after a one week hiatus (8:14). Dill gives us his song of the week to get us going (19:41). We had to have a WTF Clip of the Week segment this week after hearing what we heard (23:34). Then we go into a deep dive
Dill plays his song of the week (3:41). We discuss whether dvsn hit or miss with their highly anticipated single 'If I Get Caught' (6:34). Predicting the sound and first week sales numbers for Beyonce's upcoming album 'Renaissance' (14:37). Kid
PRE POTPOURRI: Dill is on his latest side quest; an oxtail adventure to see who has the best to offer in the GTA (11:36). We discuss the power of Rogers and how many things were impacted by their day-long internet/cellular outage (17:24).
We’re joined by friend of the show, B1GJuice, but this is not an interview. We discuss Toronto music; from the level of substance to a diss record that is a direct shot. We then shift the conversation to being about B1GJuice (38:33) - from life
Dill goes on a rant about podcasters (3:30). We recap a number of events that have happened during our absence (8:19): Pressa and Coi Leray’s break up leading to a conversation about record sales (8:50), the Junos pre party (14:04), Rolling Lou
We interview Vegas Marcello! Discussing his origins in Hip Hop, how that compares to the state of Toronto Rap today, to being influenced by the UK, to live freestyles on the pod, and so much more.
Make sure you follow Vegas Marcello EVERYWHERE:
We interview NDo! Bringing her unique energy to the TNV stage, we discuss everything from how she started singing and songwriting, to disrespect by Dill when meeting each other for the first time, to the number of entendres in her name, plus so
We interview Karin Vee! Discussing a number of things from how she got started in music, to her love of music covers, to dream collaborations, to leaving toothbrushes at your ex’s house, and so much more.
Make sure you follow Karin Vee EVERYWHE
True North Views Podcast is finally BACK after a near 10 month hiatus! No need for a long episode description: We officially welcome ourselves back (1:20), reintroduce ourselves for the new and the returning listeners and talk about what we’ve
• PRE POTPOURRI (8:26). Sha’Carri Richardson continues to ruffle feathers (8:40).
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (15:55). Are Kanye and Drake working on their respective rollouts collaboratively or competitively (16:15)? Highest Selling Hip Hop Albums relea
• PRE POTPOURRI (5:20). Tesla Bot vs iRobot (5:33). We share our thoughts on OnlyFans removing it’s sexually explicit content (8:11).
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (11:20). HBDs in the Culture (14:29). Drake x University of Toronto collab (18:45). Meek Mil
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (4:44). HBDs in the Culture (4:49). Beyonce speaks on the issue with algorithms (8:21). Britney Spears is finally free from her father (14:48). We got Shoutouts (19:44): Khaby Lame for his Tik Tok success (20:40), Hansel Emman
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (7:24). HBDs in the Culture (7:37). Dill continues his admiration for Akademiks (13:00). Verzuz, the Lox vs Dipset recap (14:31). Jemele Hill says Biggie and Tupac will eventually exit people’s Top 5 rappers list (28:45). Aali
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (5:03). HBDs in the Culture (5:07). Top5 🇨🇦 wants a sit down with the Mayor of Toronto (10:38). New Akademiks podcast has 6ix9ine and Wack 100 on the very first episode (13:41). Drake to produce a documentary Black hockey pl
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (4:15). HBDs in the Culture (4:29). Blueface punches a fan after his BKFC fight (10:47). Fun fact about the value of a stream via DSPs (12:35). New Revolt Hip Hop show with Big Tigger & Rapsody (14:26). Keep It or Leak It (17:
• PRE POTPOURRI (8:12). We discuss podcasting in Toronto 🇨🇦 at a large scale; what’s good, what’s missing, could you be successful in it, etc (8:15).
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (19:39). HBDs in the Culture (19:42). R.I.P. Biz Markie (22:50). T-Pain go
• PRE POTPOURRI (6:20). Ontario moves into “stage 3” (6:25).
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (10:38). HBDs in the Culture (11:08). Drake goes on a date (13:48). Juvenile and Mannie Fresh want you to vax that thang up (16:03). Logan Paul speaks on Hip Hop cul
• PRE POTPOURRI (7:04). Dill thinks Chris Sky aka Big Bite is a prophet (7:19).
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (10:01). HBDs in the Culture (10:07). We discuss Hip Hop’s power couple Pressa 🇨🇦 & Coi Leray, including Pressa’s BET shoutout (13:40). Top5 🇨�
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (5:51). HBDs in the Culture (5:58). Usher says T-Pain f*cked up music (9:46). Kehlani teaches us how to pronounce her name (18:02). BuzzFeed acquires Complex (18:55). Comparing Pure Album Sales since 1999 of several “Divas” in
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (6:22). HBDs in the Culture (6:36). Discussing Canadian 🇨🇦 Hip Hop artists that need to drop an album (7:58). Is the XXL Freshman List valid anymore (9:34)? Rappers with the most entries in Hot 100 History leads us to ask if
• PRE POTPOURRI (7:09). What are we watching on TV (7:12)?
• MUSIC POTPOURRI (11:20). HBDs in the Culture (12:05). Drake opens a new Concert Venue in Toronto (14:30). Polo G arrested in Miami (19:03). Admitted payola in the Canadian music scene